Friday, November 28, 2008

there's a world

"the sound of music" made me want to go to austria

"a little princess" made me want to go to india.

and "the sisterhood of the traveling pants" made me want to go to greece.



There’s a world, there’s a world and it’s a world away

I can’t tell how close that might be

Do I measure with time in days and years?

Or by distance as in miles maybe

I’ve never seen it but how I’ve seen it plain

Just glimpses in my memory

In working hands and simple smiles

In a single heart committed to unity

I pretend I know that world and speak of it with familiarity

But deep inside I know there’s a world and I know it’s a world away

 

There’s a world, there’s a world and it’s a world away

And it’s colored with brilliance and light

Its people sing songs of celebration

Echoing in our dreams at night

Noises here only resemble what could be

Lullabies by mothers in their homes

Clock bells above a busy street

The sobbing of a slave child alone

The sound of your heart

When you thought it was broken

The healing love

Of hearing your own name spoken

And it reminds me that there is a world, and it is a world away

 

There’s a world, there’s a world and it’s a world away

And sometimes I think you live there

Because I picture your eyes being fixed on mine

With hope and future in your stare

Take me with you so I can live there too

I know it must be close

My heart was made for that world

And my heart is the one that you chose

There’s a world and it’s your world and it’s only a world away.

No comments: